Rapid Response XT Cabinets for COVID-19
Omnicell is fast-tracking production and deployment of our XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets. This will aid healthcare facilities setting up supplemental patient care areas due to COVID-19. We've streamlined our ordering and installing process with preconfigured XT medication and supply cabinets. This way, you can get the help you need as quickly as possible.
Automated Dispensing Cabinets that enable smarter and safer medication management
Managing medications is a critical part of patient care—you can't afford to waste time or make mistakes. Omnicell® XT Automated Dispensing Cabinets create a smarter and safer process. They get the right dose of the right medication to the right patient, and also improve the overall patient medication experience and care.
Installing automated systems for medication management across your hospital has many benefits. NHS hospitals who have already installed Omnicell systems found:
- Improves patient safety - reduces incidences of missed doses or double doses.
- Reduces picking errors thanks to unique guiding light technology.
- Automating the controlled drugs process with an electronic CD register, making it more secure.
- Closing the loop through EPMA integration - so what is prescribed is what is administered.
- Reduces nursing time spent looking for drug cupboard keys or stock which can be returned back to patient care.
- Ideal for acute and non-acute care sites. XT offers more cabinet choices than other medication dispensing systems and includes a range of XT Supply Cabinets.
Omnicell can integrate with your electronic prescribing and medication administration (ePMA) system. This further improves safety and efficiency.
"Before we had no system at all, we had cupboards no-one could access. Now we have visibility and accessibility across the whole Trust in 13 locations and are able to manage stock more effectively. When we talk to staff about Omnicell they want more Omnicells. Working with Omnicell and putting in the product has been a joy because they are doing something that helps us and they know that."
Philip Dean, Chief Pharmacist at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation TrustRead the North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust Case Study
Reduce medication errors and improve patient safety
Integrate with ePMA
Increase nursing and pharmacy staff efficiency
Improve medication tracking and regulatory compliance
Reduce inventory costs and minimize impact of drug shortages
- Anywhere RN™ Remote Medication Management Software allows nurses to manage medications away from the cabinet.
- remoteRX Software integrates with ePMA systems so there is reduced picking time at the cabinet. This means nurses can spend more time with patients.
Inventory Management Support
- Up to 30% more capacity compared with similar units on the market.
- Shelf bins help to optimally organise inventory.
- Comprehensive menu of standard and customisable reports.
- Omnicell can manage patient’s own drugs by assigning specific bin locations for the patient in the cabinet using SinglePointe.
Functionality to improve user experience and patient safety
- Guiding Lights identify location of selected items.
- Integrated Medication Label Printer with validated barcode.
- Advanced fingerprint bioID system for fast, secure access.
- SafetyStock® barcode scanning helps prevent errors. This supports you to meet requirements of the Falsified Medicines Directive, GS1 and Scan4Safety.
- Display interactive allergy alerts for each patient to avoid the potential for any adverse drug reaction.
Advanced Technology Platform
- Remote access to server with seven years of live data easily accessible.
- Up to 1,000 cabinets can be connected to a single server/database.
- Microsoft® Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB with BitLocker Drive Encryption and updated Intel technology enhance reliability, security, and responsiveness.
- Windows 10 operating system is supported for 10 years with XT cabinets.
Omnicell XT Automated Medication Dispensing Cabinet Choices
- No other medication dispensing system offers more cabinet choices to meet the needs of acute and non-acute care sites.
- Medications and supplies can be combined in a single cabinet, adding convenience and saving space.
- Drawers can easily be added or changed on-site as clinical needs change.
For medication dispensing cabinet dimensions and drawer choices, download the Omnicell XT Specifications Sheet.
Our secure, browser based application provides an electronic controlled drugs register means no more paper records.Learn more
Process ordering, returning, wasting, overriding and medication removals via remote computer workstations.Learn more